Rest in the Lord...
The Movella Assembly of God Cemetery is owned and managed by Movella Assembly, Inc and it’s trustees. It is our goal to have a place of rest that is well maintained where your loved ones can rest in dignity and that you as a family member can visit and feel the respect that those that have went into eternity deserve.
“And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.” John 16:22
About our cemetery...
- Purchasing a plot can be done by contacting the church office via email. Plots can be purchased per individual for $250.00. Post-mortem burial request (not pre-purchased) will cost $500.00. All purchases can be handled by contacting the church cemetery representative via email.
- Yearly maintenance fees will be assessed to each plot annually at a rate of $30.00, fees are due no later than second Saturday of June each year. Any unpaid fees will be due prior to opening the plot. Once delinquent fees reach 3 years (36 months) late the plot reverts to the cemetery and is available for resale. Reinstatement of unsold delinquent plots can be made by the original purchasing family only. Fees to reinstate will include all unpaid annual maintenance fees plus $100.00 reinstatement fee.
- All burials will require a $500.00 deposit prior to opening the plot. This deposit is in addition to the plot purchase fee. The $500.00 deposit is only fully refundable to the person who paid the deposit upon purchase and placement of a headstone. This must be done within 6-months of the time the plot is opened. If a headstone has not been purchased and placed within 6-months, the church will use the deposit to purchase a marker and have it placed. There will be no refund after the 6-month period.
- Vault purchase from the funeral home is required. Fees for vault purchase will be assessed by the funeral home coordinating the service. No burials will be permitted without a vault.
- New plot purchases can be purchased on the 2nd Saturday of June at the Movella Assembly of God Church Fellowship Hall and will begin at 9:00 am.